In this article, we will explore essential factors to consider when selecting the ideal toilet seat lifter, we will also discuss some critical safety recommendations to keep in mind, and finally present our top picks available in the market today.
How to Select Toilet Incline Lift ( seat lifters ):
A toilet seat lifter is a type of assistive device designed to raise the height of a toilet seat to make people with mobility issues to sit down or stand up from the toilet easily. It usually fits over the existing toilet seat and is either manual (lifted by hand) or automatic (lifted with a button or sensor). It reduces the strain on the knees, hips, and lower back.
Here are the factors you should pay attention to:
1. Height Adjustment: This feature allows you to customize the height to the specific needs i order to minimize strain when sitting down or standing up.
2. Weight Capacity: Overloading a lifter beyond its capacity can compromise its stability and safety. So, this factor should meet the senior’s weight.
3. Cycle Time: Slower cycle times may feel more stable and secure for some users.
4. Activation Mode: Toilet seat lifters can be manually activated (the user lifts or lowers it by hand) or automatically activated (the device is operated by a button, sensor, or switch). Your choice will depend on the senior’s physical capabilities.
5. Remote Control: Some advanced models come with a remote control, which is particularly useful if the senior is not able to use the device themselves.
Safety Recommendations for the Use of Toilet seat lifters:
- Combine a seat lifter with a handrails can be excellent idea to add better stability to the senior.
- Cleaning the lifter regularly is mandatory.
Best Toilet Seat Lifters For Seniors:
1. EZ-ACCESS TILT Toilet Incline Lift, Battery Powered (Battery Included), Standard Seat
This inclines version is Battery Powered, with a Standard Seat, is a practical and innovative solution, it is motor-powered that synchronizes with the user’s natural body movement.
- Quick lift/lower cycle time of approximately 15 to 20 seconds.
- It attaches directly to the toilet bowl.
- Includes a handheld control for easy operation.
- Non-slip handle covers ensure a secure grip.
- Price may be a concern as it’s high.
- Installation might be challenging for some users.
- Hygiene product returns might be restricted unless in original, unbroken packaging.
- Requires a wall space of 5 inch x 16 inch for mounting the rechargeable battery pack, which might not be available in all bathrooms.
2. EZ-Access TILT Toilet Incline Lift, Corded Power, Elongated Seat
This one combines the functionality of a heavy-duty commode and a lift chair to provide an easy-to-use, lightweight, and durable bathroom safety solution. It’s designed for users ranging from 5’2” to 6’4” in height and bowl heights from 14” to 21”.
- Easy to install in less than 15 minutes and attaches directly to the toilet bowl.
- Equipped with a handheld control for easy operation by the senior or caregiver.
- Positions the user 7-1/2” forward to align shoulders over feet, excellent for stability.
- Lightweight and sturdy.
- The product is non-returnable unless its in original, unbroken packaging.
- The product is corded, which could limit its positioning in the bathroom.
- While the product itself has received positive reviews, some users have reported receiving it with minor defects.
Despite being a highly effective solution for aiding seniors with their mobility needs in the bathroom, toilet seat lifters are not extensively manufactured. This relative lack of competition in the market can make these devices rather pricey.
Nevertheless, remember that investing in a high-quality toilet seat lifter, such as the ones discussed in this article, could significantly enhance a senior’s independence and overall quality of life. These devices combine practical design with sophisticated technology to offer a reliable solution for seniors struggling with the routine act of getting on and off the toilet.
However, if the cost of a toilet seat lifter is beyond your budget, there are other alternatives available to assist seniors with their bathroom needs. Options such as raised toilet seats, grab bars and toilet safety rails can provide similar benefits at a lower cost.
A seasoned SEO specialist and a writer for gaming, senior well-being, and ride-on toys. With an analytical mind, sharpened by 14 years of experience as a finance controller. His unique ability to create engaging content is only exceeded by his skill in leveraging SEO strategies, a talent driven by his love for numbers and patterns.